Vegan Black Olive and Artichoke Pizza
Are you looking for a delicious and satisfying vegan pizza recipe? Look no further than this Vegan Black Olive and Artichoke Pizza! Packed with flavor and loaded with nutritious ingredients, this pizza is sure to become a favorite in your household. Whether you’re a vegan or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is a winner.
- 1 pre-made pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Preparing the Pizza Dough
If you’re using store-bought pizza dough, follow the instructions on the package for preparation. If you prefer homemade dough, you can find numerous recipes online. Once your dough is ready, preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the dough packaging or recipe.
Step 2: Assembling the Pizza
Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet or pizza stone lined with parchment paper. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges for the crust.
Step 3: Adding the Toppings
Sprinkle the shredded vegan mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce. Next, evenly distribute the sliced black olives, chopped artichoke hearts, and thinly sliced red onion on top of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Baking the Pizza
Drizzle the pizza with olive oil and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
Once the pizza is out of the oven, garnish it with torn fresh basil leaves. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Variations:
- If you prefer a crispy crust, pre-bake the dough for a few minutes before adding the toppings.
- Feel free to experiment with different toppings such as sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, or vegan sausage.
- If you’re not a fan of vegan cheese, you can omit it altogether or substitute it with a cashew-based cheese sauce.
- For an extra kick of flavor, sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes on top before baking.
Now that you have the recipe for this mouthwatering Vegan Black Olive and Artichoke Pizza, it’s time to gather your ingredients and get cooking! Whether you’re enjoying it as a weeknight dinner or serving it at a gathering with friends, this pizza is sure to impress. Bon appétit!